- It will be the consumer’s decision to no longer be a passive buyer of energy, but an active participant in the energy sector, as well as a member of the energy community.
- Renewables will make demand-side flexibility necessary to grid management and therefore of the utmost urgency.
- Artificial Intelligence will enable the integration of renewables and grid optimisation.
- Regulations at both a European and a local level regarding both new technologies and sustainable resources are going to be of the utmost importance.
- The resilience of the grid, especially due to climate change and the recent example of Texas, will also be a focal point of the energy sector in the years to come.
Read the full article here.