Trusted by thousands of Texas homeowners, TXSOL gives you the quality and expertise you want, without the sales pitch and costly commissions.
NO SALES PITCH
Save money by skipping the sales process. With TXSOL, you create your own estimate, select your own equipment and additional options, and get to view all available payment options. Start to finish, the TXSOL team will be available to provide support and answer any questions you have.
INDUSTRY LEADING SOLAR EQUIPMENT
We know the range of products on the market because we’ve serviced and maintained thousands of systems, and, we’re in the field daily. Let us share our firsthand knowledge about what’s most cost-effective, efficient, and reliable. In working with TXSOL, you will always get the best of the best.
ONGOING SERVICE & SUPPORT
We are here for you after the initial installation. TXSOL offers monitoring, service, and support to keep your new system on track and producing optimally, long term. Our goal is to build trusting and long-lasting relationships with our customers.
UNMATCHED QUALITY & INTEGRITY
We do not take shortcuts, ever. We’re craftsmen. At TXSOL we approach every custom installation with a perfectionist mindset. Our signature is our work and our pride is customer satisfaction. It would be our pleasure to work with you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I know my solar panels are working?
The easiest way to confirm your solar system is working, is to observe the inverter display screen. A value presented as watts (W) would represent your system’s current power production. If the production value is not accessible, either via the inverter display, or online monitoring, fill out our contact form below to have a qualified technician assess your system.
2. My system is showing zero or lower production than normal, what should I do?
If your system is showing zero or low production, this would generally indicate a communication or electrical issue. Power cycling your inverter may correct this status, but if lack of production is still observed, we recommend scheduling an appointment with one of our qualified technicians to further troubleshoot and repair your system.
3. My system is displaying an error or fault code, what should I do?
Leave your system running, and note the fault code present on the inverter display or monitoring interface. Once you have a photo or note of the fault code, power cycling your system may clear the fault in some cases. If the issue persists, contact our team to schedule a service appointment with one of our qualified service technicians.
4. My home has been hit with hail, what should I do?
If your roof or solar panels have experienced hail damage, TXSol has the team of experts to guide you through the entire claim and repair process.
- Complete our contact form as soon as possible to provide general details about your home / solar system, and to connect with one of our project managers.
- Contact your insurance agency to start the claim process and schedule an insurance adjuster to assess the damage.
- If you do not already have a preferred roofing contractor, we will present you with vetted and reliable contractor partners in your area.
- We will work with your selected roofing contractor to provide an accurate estimate, to be submitted to your insurance agency for approval.
- Once all work has been approved, we will work directly with you and your roofing contractor to coordinate each phase of the project.
Need a Consultant?
Still have questions? Not sure where to start? Contact us and a representative will get back with you ASAP for a free, no hassle, solar power consultation.